As you all know, I have a problem with pie crusts. I'm terrible with them, they're my baking Achilles' heel. Yet, I absolutely adore them. So when I found this pie on MyRecipes.com, I was over the moon. This springtime pie has a crushed-graham-cracker crust and is filled with a mixture of strawberries splashed with balsamic vinegar. There's no crust to mess up and the filling sounds amazing. If it sounds delectable to you, get the recipe when you read more.
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 cups small strawberries
3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts or almonds
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the filling, combine strawberry slices and vinegar in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Place the berry mixture over medium-high heat; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add to pan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in juice.
- Cool completely.
- Arrange whole strawberries, stem sides down, in crust.
- Pour cooled strawberry mixture over whole strawberries.
- Cover loosely, and chill 4 hours.
- To prepare the topping, combine 3 tablespoons cracker crumbs, nuts, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter in a small bowl.
- Place crumb mixture in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over pie.
- Top each serving with whipped topping.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, tossing with a fork until moist.
CALORIES 229(35% from fat); FAT 8.8g (sat 4.1g,mono 2.8g,poly 1.4g); PROTEIN 2.3g; CHOLESTEROL 14mg; CALCIUM 34mg; SODIUM 176mg; FIBER 3.5g; IRON 1.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 37g
- Pies/Tarts, Desserts