- Parsley Drizzle
- 1 cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed to slacken
- Scallops With Succotash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ears corn, or 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1/2 pound) quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4 pounds large sea scallops (about 16)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Make the parsley drizzle: Combine ingredients in a blender and purée to make 1/2 cup parsley drizzle.
- If using ears of corn, cut the kernels off and set aside. Discard the cobs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the corn, lima beans, zucchini, and tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray, and preheat it over medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the scallops. Pat them dry and season them with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Add the scallops and cook until the inside is opaque, 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Stir the vinegar and basil into the succotash, season with additional salt and pepper, to taste, and serve topped with grilled scallops.
- Garnish with parsley drizzle.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish
- North American