3/4 pound light green Italian fry peppers
2 3/4-pound sushi-grade tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons small capers in brine, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare gas grill for cooking over direct high heat. While grill heats, cut peppers lengthwise into quarters, discarding stems and seeds. Trim ends so that quarters lie flat.
- Sprinkle tuna all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook tuna and peppers on lightly oiled grill rack, turning over once, until tuna is pink only in center and peppers are just tender, 4 to 6 minutes total (peppers may take longer than tuna).
- While tuna cooks, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in capers and parsley.
- Transfer tuna and peppers as cooked to a serving plate.
- Serve tuna topped with peppers and caper vinaigrette.
- Fish, Main Dishes
- North American