After a long holiday of elaborate cooking and feasting, cut yourself some kitchen slack with a dinner that won't wear you thin.
You're free to go sale shopping or watch a movie, and you'll return to a meal that's already been made. To free up time for yourself with this recipe,
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 1 small onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. table salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 6 item(s) dry lasagna noodles, no-cook
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese, strong-flavored like Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- North American