Although I'm not a huge drinker of tea, on a hot day, I love a refreshing glass of icy cold tea. To get the party started at a Memorial Day barbecue, I suggest offering each guest a glass of spiked sweet tea upon arrival. I love this recipe because it's sort of like an adult Arnold Palmer. It's a mixture of tea, frozen lemonade concentrate, and vodka. Also stock up on an affordable white wine, like Opala Vinho Verde, and fill an ice bucket with your favorite beer.
To get the recipe for the sweet tea — it's the perfect Summer sipper to enjoy leisurely in the sun —
- 2 large tea bags for iced tea
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 8 fresh mint sprigs
- 4 cups lemonade made from frozen concentrate
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Ice cubes
- 8 lemon slices
- Place tea bags in medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup boiling water. Let steep 4 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Place mint sprigs in large pitcher; mash with muddler or handle of wooden spoon until slightly bruised. Pour in tea, lemonade, and vodka. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Fill 8 highball glasses with ice. Divide sweet tea among glasses. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American