Have you ever seen the film Eat Drink Man Woman? It's got a great opening scene where the father, a senior chef who is losing his sense of taste, is preparing a large dinner for his daughters. In four and a half minutes you see at least seven different dishes being prepared - that's seven of the 100+ recipes used throughout the film! Every time anyone mentions this movie, I start drooling and need to have Asian food asap! To see the foodilicious opening scene for yourself, and get a recipe for a simple cucumber chicken salad, read more
2 chicken breasts
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of vinegar
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
2 scallions, chopped
- Cook chicken in boiling water, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Take out, let cool, and shred (or tear by hand).
- Peel cucumbers into strips, skin and all, and put the strips in a large bowl.
- Put chicken shreds on cucumber, mix the sauce and pour on top.
- Sprinkle scallions on top of salad.
Serves four as an appetizer.