- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili, finely chopped, including seeds
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Cut the mango in half lengthwise. With a small sharp knife score the flesh both horizontally and vertically. Pushing on the skin of the mango, flip it inside out and cut off the flesh from the skin.
- To remove the pomegranate seeds, cut the pomegranate in half and submerge in a large bowl of water then gently peel to remove all of the seeds.
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados. Coarsely mash in a bowl. Stir in onion, chiles, 1/4 cup lime juice, and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, then fold in pomegranate seeds, mango, and cilantro. Season with salt and additional lime juice.
Serves 6-8 people.
- Dips, Appetizers