When thinking of Southern cocktails, the mint julep immediately comes to mind. However, for a Thanksgiving celebration, consider serving something a little more seasonally festive. This drink combines bourbon, the South's favorite spirit, with mint, brandied cherries, cherry liqueur, and black tea. Although the ingredient list is somewhat long, the resulting beverage, with its cranberry color and balanced complexity, is definitely worthy of a special occasion. Get the recipe here.
- 4 mint leaves, plus 1 mint sprig
- 3 lemon slices
- 4 brandied cherries
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 cup ice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Cherry Heering or cherry liqueur
- 1 ounce chilled brewed black tea
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with 2 lemon slices, 3 cherries and the Simple Syrup.
- Add the ice, bourbon, Cherry Heering, tea and lemon juice. Shake well and pour into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with the mint sprig and remaining lemon slice and cherry.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails