1 disk homemade or store-ready pie dough, rolled out and fitted into a 9-inch pie plate
4 large eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups pecan halves
Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. with rack set in lowest position.
- Using kitchen shears or a paring knife, trim dough to a 1-inch overhang. With floured fingers, fold overhang under itself to form a rim; pinch between thumb and forefinger to form a uniform edge around rim of pie plate. Crimp with fingertips. Transfer dough-lined pie plate to refrigerator.
- Make filling: In a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth; mix in pecans.
- Pour mixture into chilled pie crust; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until filling jiggles slightly in the center when gently shaken, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool pie completely in plate, 5 to 6 hours. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- Pies/Tarts, Desserts
- North American