So you're a procrastinator who happens to be hosting Thanksgiving dinner. You've done nothing to prepare and Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Don't worry: With help from the store, you can put together an elegant and delicious dinner in just 24 short hours. Here's how:
- Take a deep breath. Remember, Thanksgiving is about spending time with loved ones and being thankful, not about being chained to your stove.
- Jazz up store brought products. Stove Top stuffing tastes homemade when you add fresh chopped parsley, sage, sauteed mushrooms, and celery.
- Enhance boxed mashed potatoes with sour cream, cheese, garlic, or fresh herbs.
- Top frozen green beans with sliced almonds, bacon, or chopped roasted red peppers.
- Get a reasonably priced, oven-ready, no thaw Jennie-O turkey.
- Place canned cranberry and premade/packet gravy in your best serving dishes. This way no one can tell you didn't make it from scratch.
- Buy a frozen pie or pick up one from your local bakery.
- When all else fails, grab your phone and see if you can get reservations at a restaurant that is serving Thanksgiving dinner. If they're all booked, order Chinese takeout.