We're giving creamy, tangy cheesecake a festive twist: a tie-dye swirl! Perfect for everything from baby showers (in pretty pastel colors) to game day (in team colors), it's a concept that's meant to be customized to your favorite color palette.
All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- For the crust:
- 6 ounces graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons butter, browned
- For the filling:
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 eggs
- Food coloring
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, and mix well. Add butter, and combine.
- Pat mixture into 9-inch springform pan, pressing firmly into bottom and about 1/2 to 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Make the filling: In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla bean until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and the eggs 1 at a time, and mix until smooth. Be careful not to overmix.
- Separate into 5 bowls, and tint with food coloring: green, blue, purple, pink, and orange.
- Pour into springform pan, and swirl with a toothpick or bamboo skewer.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the cheesecake is just set in the middle.
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- 1 cheesecake