- When selecting beers, think about the likes and dislikes of your guests. If the majority of people enjoy lighter style beers, get those. On the other hand, if your guests are adventurous drinkers, consider picking up hoppier/darker ales.
- Handle the beer carefully and be sure to properly chill it.
- Like wine, beer requires appropriate glasses for each type. However, for the sake of the tasting, simply serve the beer in standard glasses. Avoid using plastic or paper cups.
- Drink slowly and take note of the beer's color, aroma, and head. Discuss how it tastes.
- Each pour should be about 3-4 ounces.
- Host the tasting before dinner and have extra bottles on hand to enjoy while consuming the meal.
Have you thrown a beer tasting? Please tell us about your experience below!