Last week the series of presidential debates began and tonight the saga continues with a showdown between vice-presidential candidates Joe Biden and Sarah Palin. It's the perfect occasion to throw an impromptu viewing party! Hosting a debate party is a great way to feel more involved in the election process. To help you quickly plan a fabulous fete, I've rounded up some tips and ideas. Get them now and read more.
- Send a presidential themed evite to let friends know about the party.
- Make sure there is plenty of comfortable seating and that everyone can see the TV.
- Turn up the volume and put closed captioning on. When some of the crowd gets too noisy, dedicated debate watchers can read what the candidates are saying.
- If you have a laptop and WiFi connection, set up the computer on a nearby coffee table and participate in CitizenSugar's live chat.
- Play a drinking game by setting up rules like drink every time Palin says "small town" or drink whenever Biden uses the word "Scranton."
- Download bingo cards and have guests play bingo. Give small bottles of liquor to the winners.
- Create a patriotic atmosphere by decorating with red, white, and blue.
- Before the fun begins and while guests are arriving, ask trivia questions about the candidates.
- To be really official, register your event online.
- Stock up on plenty of drinks and delicious snacks.
- If your friends have different political views, establish a few ground rules when everyone arrives, so no brawls break out.
Have a tip to add to the list? Please share with us below!