We all have those Fridays when, after a long week of work, the last thing that comes to mind is what's for dinner. Having one of those days? Take a deep breath I have a meal that can be ready in just over 15 minutes. Impossible? Not even. Here's how you do it: while the noodles cook, chop the beef, peas, carrots, and cilantro. Next prep the spinach and mix the components for the sauce together. Finally follow the instructions for microwaving (yes sometimes even the best of us get help from the microwave) the mixture and before you can say voila! dinner is done. One last word of advice: while warming the food in the microwave, open a bottle of wine or beer - you deserve it - and pour yourself a glass. To get the recipe now, read more
1 (3.75-ounce) package bean threads (cellophane noodles)
8 ounces sliced deli roast beef, cut lengthwise into thin strips
1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut lengthwise into thin strips
1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
1/2 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
1/2 teaspoon bottled fresh ground ginger (such as Spice World)
6 cups torn spinach
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cover noodles with boiling water in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Combine beef, snow peas, and carrot in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce and the next 4 ingredients (teriyaki sauce through ginger), and pour over beef mixture.
- Microwave at high for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add the noodles; toss well.
- Serve over spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Substitute: cooked chicken, left over steak, or tofu for the roast beef
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 173(26% from fat); FAT 5g (sat 1g,mono 1.5g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 10g; CHOLESTEROL 32mg; CALCIUM 58mg; SODIUM 653mg; FIBER 2.8g; IRON 2.9mg; CARBOHYDRATE 22.8g