Some days you need a dish that requires little to no time in the kitchen. A baked pasta is an excellent option in these conditions. It's a meal that, with minimal chopping and stove top time, can be quickly thrown together and left in the oven. You can get dinner done and have time to hop in the shower while it bakes. Another wonderful weeknight advantage of a meal like this? You don't have to wash a whole bunch of pots, pans, and bowls. To take a peep at the recipe,
1 pound gemelli (or other pasta)
6 ounces sliced prosciutto
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
2 cups milk
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook pasta a few minutes less than package instructions suggest.
- Cut prosciutto into thin strips.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss pasta with spinach, half of prosciutto, milk, ricotta, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining prosciutto and Parmesan.
- Bake until golden, 30 to 40 minutes.