This week I am super busy, I have events and places to be every night. As much as I love eating out I simply can't afford to do it on weeknights and besides a delicious, homemade meal is comforting when there is so much running around going on. Also taking the time to cook, even if it is only 15 minutes relaxes me. However I'm not going to have a lot of time tonight so I need a meal that can basically cook itself. By mixing together a few staple condiments I can create a quick and easy sauce for pork chops. This is a great technique and one that can be used in infinite ways. Add in some freshly cut veggie chunks and a little white rice and dinner is done. To run your eyes over the recipe, read more
1/4 cup Barbecue sauce
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon honey mustard
4 bone-in pork chops, 3/4 inch thick (1-1/2 lb.)
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1-1/2 cups instant/cooked white rice, prepared according to package directions
- Mix barbecue sauce, dressing and mustard in glass baking dish or large resealable plastic bag until well blended. Remove 6 tablespoons of the marinade for later use.
- Add chops to remaining marinade in baking dish; refrigerate at least 10 min. or overnight to marinate.
- Cook chops in large skillet on medium heat 5 minutes; turn chops over.
- Add reserved marinade and carrots; cover. Cook 7 to 10 min. or until sauce thickens and chops are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with the hot cooked rice.