It's one of my New Year's resolutions to make more fish dishes. Even though I love fish I usually only eat it in the form of sushi or when dining out. At home I tend to cook with salmon, halibut, and shrimp, but I've decided it's time to expand my horizons. There are so many delicious types of seafood out there, we all really should be taking more advantage of it. So tonight I plan on doing just that by roasting a few slices of cod in a cherry tomato olive sauce. To join me in my under sea adventure, read more
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
2 ounces pitted black olives
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons chopped thyme
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cod fillets, about 6 ounces each
4 slices of prosciutto
Salt and pepper
Basil leaves, to garnish
- Combine the tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon rind, thyme and oil in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fit the cod fillets into the pan, spooning some of the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Scatter the ham over the top and roast in a preheated oven, 425 degrees F, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, drizzle over the lemon juice, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the cod with basil leaves and serve with new potatoes and a green salad (or the side of your choice!).