Today is the first official day of summer, also known as the summer solstice, the day with the longest amount of sunlight in the year. Now that summer is finally here, I suggest that each and every one of you host a party at least once (I'm hosting several!) this summer. There is often the unfortunate misconception that in order to throw a party, one must have a special occasion. It doesn't have to be a birthday, anniversary, or retirement, so here are my top 10 reasons to throw a fiesta this summer:
- 4th of July
- A heat wave (have a water balloon/gun fight)
- National Piña Colada Day (July 10)
- French Independence Day (July 14)
- Somebody's half birthday
- The All-Star Baseball Game
- It's the middle of summer (A Mid Summer Night)
- The arrival of the first tomatoes (substitute peaches, corn, zucchini, etc)
- You've Bought New Patio Furniture/Tiki Torches/Margarita glasses, etc.
- Swimming alone isn't as fun as having all of your friends over for a pool party
Got a great reason to host a fabulous fete? Share it with me below!