Since I heard Michael Chiarello was competing on Top Chef Masters, I've been anxiously awaiting the chef's return to television. The suspense ended with last night's episode. Chiarello competed against Nils Noren, Rick Moonen, and Lachlan Mackinnon Patterson. There was junk food and the stars of Flipping Out. Did you watch? To discuss the episode,
- I can't tell: is Lachlan hot or simply an ugly hot guy?
- Whose quickfire dish looked the most appetizing?
- Did you feel bad for Rick Zero Stars?
- When the appliances don't work — like Chiarello's ice cream maker — I can't help but wonder if Bravo planted a faulty machine. Thoughts?
- Do you wish Los Angeles played a bigger role in the competition?
- Would deep-fried speck-wrapped pineapple taste good?
- What did you think of Jay's description of Rick's dessert?: "A good panna cotta, if it's set right, is meant to wobble like a woman's breast."
- Have you ever had a strawberry that tasted like meat?
- Overall, how do you feel about Top Chef Masters?