After a two week break, Top Chef was back last night with an exciting new episode. We were introduced to Gail Simmons' replacement judge, Toby Young, a vicious British foodie. We watched the chef's get creative in the kitchen and critical at the dining table. If you're anxious to discuss all the delicious details (warning: spoilers ahead!), read more.
- What exactly did the Diet Dr. Pepper have to do with the quickfire challenge? Was it a requirement to use the soda in the sugar-free dessert?
- Don't you just love Fabio? He's hilariously Italian: The guy actually thinks the reason guest judge Jean-Christophe Novelli didn't like his dessert is because the Frenchman is still bitter about France's loss to Italy in the World Cup!
- Whose dessert was the most mouth-watering? I wanted to try Leah's strawberry balsamic crepes!
- Do you agree with Radhika: does Stefan create stress in the kitchen?
- Was it a good idea or bad idea for Jamie to make scallops again?
- Did group B have an advantage because they cooked knowing Toby Young, and that they would be judged by their fellow competitors?
- Is Toby Young saying it how it is or just plain rude?
- Will the chefs cook differently now that they know what it's like to be a judge?
- Why didn't Fabio's undercooked lamb get mentioned at judges' table?
- Did they send home the right two cheftestants?
Photo courtesy of Source