Sweet potato fries are totally having a moment. They're a more festive alternative to regular russet potatoes and don't necessarily have to be fried. This particular variation is baked in the oven and are seasoned with a soy chili oil before being placed in a pan. They are a lovely companion to roast meats and poultry and they jazz up the classic burger. They would also be wonderful as an appetizer at a holiday cocktail party. Take a look at the recipe now, just
3 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
Salt to taste
1 heaping Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line two shallow roasting pans or rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Halve potatoes crosswise, then lengthwise, and cut each half into 4 sticks.
- Mix oil, chili powder and soy sauce in bowl. Drizzle over potatoes, and toss to coat.
- Arrange skin side down in one layer in baking pans. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast 12 minutes. Turn slices, and roast until tender, 8 to 12 minutes more. Add salt, if needed. Toss in rosemary.