Well, folks, the moment everyone's been waiting for is here. The second movie in the Twilight series, New Moon, finally comes out today. Whether you're dying to see it or excited that the hype surrounding it will die down, there's only one way to celebrate — with a cocktail! Not just any boring old drink, but an aptly named concoction created by one of San Francisco's illustrious bar owners, Jon Gasparini. A couple of weeks ago when Jon (of one of my favorite bars, Rye) tweeted about a new cocktail called Twilight, I knew I needed the recipe.
Jon describes it as having a beautiful color and balance, and I couldn't agree more. The complex gin and Prosecco drink is easy to put together and elegant enough to serve at a Thanksgiving dinner or holiday soirée. To get his recipe,
- 3/4 ounce creme de violette
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- dash orange bitters
- dash simple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 ounce Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Combine the violette, gin, bitters, and sweetener in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Strain into a chilled Champagne coup and top with the Prosecco.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails