- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 14 mint leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 cup packed greens (spinach, arugula, mixed lettuces), chopped
- Place the quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, make the vinaigrette: in a large bowl, whisk together the mint, capers, orange juice, and olive oil. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- When the quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork and transfer to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Stir well to combine.
- Add the mango, red peppers, jalapeño, and greens. Stir until the vegetables are incorporated into the quinoa. Chill until ready to serve.
- Grains , Salads
- North American