2 slices of bread
1 half of an avocado, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mayonnaise, for spreading
Unsalted butter, for spreading
1 small handful of mixed greens (about 1/3 cup)
Parmesan cheese shavings, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. When it's hot, put the bread in the middle of the oven to toast.
- Meanwhile, place the diced avocado in a small bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Mash the avocado to form a thick spread. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Carefully crack the egg into the hot oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook, frying until the white is just set, and the yolk is still runny.
- When the bread is toasted remove from the oven. Spread one piece with the mayonnaise and the other piece with butter.
- Place the toast with mayonnaise on a serving plate and top with the mashed avocado spread. Cover with the mixed greens.
- Slide the fried egg on top of the mixed greens. Set the toast with the butter next to the stacked open faced egg sandwich. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese and enjoy immediately.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
- North American