If you're looking for a simple but versatile vegetarian recipe, stop your searching! This roasted vegetable wrap recipe is quick, uncomplicated, and totally adaptable.
All you do is roast some veggies, layer 'em in a wrap, fold, and voilà, dinner is done. Use whatever vegetables you prefer and if you dislike mayonnaise, skip the garlic mayo step.
For additional flavor and heft, consider adding in cheese, fresh herbs, or beans. Learn the method that you'll use over and over again after the break.
1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
1/4 lb mushrooms, cut into fourths
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
6 flour tortillas (8 or 10 inch)
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spread bell pepper, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 × 10 inch.
- Mix oil, basil, salt and pepper. Brush over vegetables. Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons garlic mayonnaise down center of each tortilla to within 2 inches of bottom. Top with vegetables, spreading to within 2 inches of bottom of tortilla. Top with 1⁄4 cup lettuce.
- Fold one end of tortilla up about 1 inch over filling; fold right and left sides over folded end, overlapping. Fold remaining end down.
Makes 6 wraps.
- Other, Main Dishes
- North American