- 6 small artichokes
- 3 cups small white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Wedge of Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Fill a large bowl with water. Cut a few slices from the lemon and squeeze them into the water. Drop them in the bowl as well.
- Peel back the outer layers of each artichoke until you reach the pale yellow leaves. Cut off the first inch of the stems and tops of the artichokes. Cut each in half and remove the purple leaves in the center and the fuzzy choke. Place each cleaned artichoke half in the lemon water.
- Slice up each artichoke half lengthwise.
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced artichokes, mushrooms, crushed garlic, and thyme to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add wine to the pan and let this cook down for about 15 minutes, or until artichokes and mushrooms are soft.
- Place one cup of spinach on each plate, and top with the artichoke and mushroom mixture. With a vegetable peeler, shave as much Parmesan over the salad as desired, then drizzle with as much extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Side Dishes, Salads
- Serves 4