- Slice the leftover pieces, wrap them tightly, and freeze the same day your challah is made to prevent it from becoming stale. Then toast the pieces another day to refresh them.
- Use the bread to make bread pudding or a strata.
- Bake croutons to toss in salads or garnish soups.
- Swap out white bread for challah in a basic french toast recipe.
- Homemade breadcrumbs couldn't be easier to make; freeze them in a resealable bag and use them at your leisure for meatballs or to bread chicken or fish.
- Slice the challah and whip up your favorite grilled cheese or panini.
Latest Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine