- Use as a flavoring agent in a salad. Think outside the box and toss chopped mint with fresh peas for a fast side dish or peaches for a slightly sweet fruit salad.
- Make mint pesto. Instead of serving the pesto with pasta, offer with a protein like shrimp or lamb chops.
- Make homemade mint chip ice cream. Before making the custard, the milk is steeped with tons of fresh mint.
Read on for more minty ideas!
- Use in a cocktail. Not only is mint essential for mojitos, but it's also an important ingredient in mint juleps. For an unexpected preparation stir into a Champagne limoncello concoction.
- Make mint jelly. The classic condiment is traditionally served with lamb dishes, but would work with chicken or fish.
- Make an herb mayonnaise with mint and slather on the toasted buns of a lamb burger.
- Use like a green in an eggplant and feta sandwich.
- For a refreshing drink, infuse water (or tea) with mint, cucumber, and citrus. Enjoy over ice garnished with a mint sprig.
What do you make with mint?