Because the juice is much sweeter, Meyer lemons make a great cocktail starter. And whatever you do, don't throw away the peels! The zest of the Meyer lemon can be used in everything from vinaigrettes to gremolatas. Sprinkle the zest in pastas, rice, or orzo. Or, use Meyer lemons in place of true lemons in pastries like shortbread or lemon bars. Prepare to love these lemons – and be happy to make lemonade!
Keep reading for a few meyer lemon recipe ideas.
- Swap conventional lemons for Meyers to make a distinctive lemon curd.
- Make your own Meyer lemon liquor seasoned with thyme, lavender, and cardamom.
- Enjoy the fruit's flavor in a lemony spaghetti.
- Top fish or chicken with a simple and easy Meyer lemon gremolata.
- Use meyer lemon to add brightness to a goat cheese cheesecake.
Source: Flickr User clayirving