- Try adding spices to the coffee grounds before brewing. Cinnamon and nutmeg are common additions. If you're looking for a more intense experience, sprinkle a little bit of cayenne pepper in the grounds to give your coffee a spicy kick.
- Add a cardamom pod to your hot pot of coffee to give it a distinct flavor, as is often done with Turkish coffee. Alternatively, you can use ground cardamom in the grounds as suggested above.
- Use different milks. Cream is always going to be there, but you may be surprised by how almond milk and coconut milk can transform a cup of joe.
- Those fancy syrups aren't just for baristas. You can play around with flavoring in your home-brewed coffee by adding a few drops of your favorite syrup.
- Whipped cream isn't exclusive to hot chocolate. In fact, I actually prefer it on coffee. It acts as the cream and the sugar, yet it's so much more fun!
- Have fun mixing your favorite liqueurs into your coffee. Try Baileys, Amaretto, Frangelico, Godiva, rum, brandy . . . The list goes on and on!
How do you take your coffee?