Are you tying the knot anytime soon? If so then you may want to check out these 17 Questions to Ask Your Caterer. The folks at theknot.com have put together a pretty intensive list, but here are some of the highlights.
- Do they specialize in a certain type of food, and can they arrange for a tasting?
- What is their price range, and is there an all-inclusive rate available?
- Will they be able to provide tables, chairs, linens, silverware, etc.?
- Can they include a recipe you provide, such as a sentimental family dish?
- Can they ask for variations for specified guests such as vegetarian, vegan, or kosher meals?
- Where is the food prepared, and how long will it travel?
- Do they do alcohol, if so is there an all-inclusive rate? How about a corkage fee?
- How about cakes? Do they do cakes?
- Do they have photos of their work? Just because it tastes excellent, doesn't mean it's going to look great. See photos and get references.
These are just some of the tips the knot offered up. Do you have any others? What would you recommend?