To see her decadent brownie recipe, read more.
The recipe is from Bakeoff-flunkie!
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat your oven to 325ºF. Spray the bottom of an 8-x-8-inch glass pan with nonstick spray.
- Put the butter and chocolate chips in a medium microwaveable bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute; stir. Heat for 30 seconds more and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the sugar and stir until the sugar and chocolate mixture is completely combined.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir until the mixture is completely combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and flour; mix well to break up any lumps in the cocoa powder. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes, or until the top of the brownies are flat and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean (you want a few moist crumbs to cling to the toothpick). Cool completely (which I didn't — come on, I couldn't wait!) before cutting to get the best looking pieces.