OK so hopefully by now you know how this works, but just in case, here goes. You are at home and hungry for food. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/ spouse/child/friend, but the ingredients you have on hand are limited.
You have ground turkey, feta cheese, and a jar of roasted red peppers. Using these products, along with whatever you currently have on hand in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make?
To see what I would make, read more.
- First I would heat up some olive oil in a saute pan. I would brown the ground turkey in the oil.
- To the pan I would add a chopped onion and minced garlic.
- I would mix in some dried spices: black pepper, salt, oregano, and thyme.
- When the meat is almost cooked and the vegetables are soft I would mix in some chopped red peppers.
- Meanwhile, I would cover a cookie sheet with foil. On top of it I would lay out a bunch of pita chips.
- I would top the pita chips with the cooked ground turkey vegetable mixture. Next I would top this with the feta cheese.
- I would put the whole thing in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the pitas are crispy and brown.
- Finally, I would top the entire thing with fresh chopped parsley.
- Voila, Greek nachos! Best paired with a cold beer.