Here's the scenario: you are at home and hungry. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/ spouse/child/friend, but have limited ingredients on hand.
You have potatoes, green onions, and olive oil. Using these products, along with whatever you currently have on hand in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make?
To see what I would make, read more.
- I would start by slicing up an onion and a couple of cloves of garlic. I would peel the potatoes and slice into super thin disks.
- I would heat the olive oil in the largest saute pan I own. Once hot, I would add the onions and garlic and saute over medium low heat until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Next I would add the potatoes and cook until the potatoes are soft, brown, and just starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, I would beat several eggs in a small bowl. I would season these eggs with salt and pepper and add the mixture to the potatoes and onions.
- I would chop the green onions and scatter over the top of the egg potato mixture.
- I would cook until the surface is still runny, than transfer the pan to the broiler until the top is browned and the egg is cooked through.
- I would slice into wedges and enjoy the tortilla española!