Here's the scenario: you are at home and hungry. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/ spouse/child/friend, but have limited ingredients on hand.
You have eggs, fresh chives, and a new pepper-mill filled with black peppercorns. Using these products, along with whatever you currently have on hand in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make?
To see what I would make, read more.
- Since Easter is around the corner I have been craving deviled eggs like mad! I would start by hard boiling some eggs.
- While they cook, I'll chop the chives and raid my fridge for any other ingredients that might be tasty in deviled eggs. Red pepper will work well if finely minced.
- After the eggs have cooled I will shell, slice in half, and remove the yolks.
- Next I will mix the yolks with some mayonnaise, spicy mustard, the chives, the red pepper, salt, and lots of freshly ground pepper.
- Finally I will scoop this back into the middle of the egg yolks and chill until it's time to enjoy!