Ok here's the scenario: you are at home and hungry for food. You have to make something delicious for you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/child/friend but the ingredients you have from the grocery store are limited.
You have several uncooked chicken breasts, a batch of fresh arugula, and a log of herbed goat cheese. Using only the products you currently have in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make???
To see the list of ingredients you do have on hand, and to see what I would cook up,
- I would start by chopping one onion and several cloves of garlic. I would add these to a pan and saute until tender.
- Next I would add a can of diced tomatoes and the chicken. I would simmer until the chicken is cooked through and meanwhile, boil and cook the pasta.
- I would dress the arugula with salt and pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Once the pasta is cooked I would add it to the sauce and toss to combine.
- To plate I would pile the chicken and pasta sauce in the middle of a shallow bowl. I would top with a helping of the arugula salad and crumble the fresh herbed goat cheese all over the dish.
Now you know what I would make, how about you, what would you make??
In the fridge you have:
In the cupboard you have:
extra-virgin olive oil
hot pepper sauce
pure vanilla extract
In the spice rack you have:
crushed red pepper