Last week, you came up with so many inspiring recipes that we decided to challenge you yet again. So here's the scenario: you are at home and hungry for food. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/child/friend, but the ingredients you have on hand are limited.
You have red onion, honey, and French bread. Using these products along with whatever you currently have on hand in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make?
To see what I would whip up, read more
- I would start by making a simple honey mustard vinaigrette with finely minced red onion, mustard, honey, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- I would use this vinaigrette to flavor a can of tuna.
- Next, I would cut the bread into large pieces and toast on both sides. Once toasted, I would rub with garlic.
- I would smear the tuna mixture onto the toast, and shred on some Parmesan cheese.
- Then, I would stick the whole thing under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To plate, I would make a sandwich and call it a tuna melt!