Ok here's the deal: You are at home and hungry for food. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/ girlfriend/ spouse/ child/ friend, but the ingredients you have on hand are limited.
You have cheddar cheese, fresh thyme, and all-purpose flour. Using these ingredients, along with whatever staples you currently have in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make? Tell me in the comments section below!
To see what I would make,
- I would start by finely chopping an onion and garlic.
- I would add this to a pot with melted butter, heating over medium heat.
- I would sauté the veggies until tender, then add the flour and cook to make a roux.
- Meanwhile I would boil whatever kind of pasta I have on hand, and grate the cheese and chop the thyme.
- After the roux has cooked for a few minutes, I would add liquid (chicken broth, milk, or heavy cream, depending on what's open in my fridge) to thicken the sauce. I would boil this a minute and slowly stir in the cheese and thyme.
- I would toss with the pasta and call it pasta and cheese. I would enjoy it in a shallow bowl paired with a cold beer.