Okay, here's the deal: You are at home and hungry for food. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/ girlfriend/ spouse/ child/ friend, but the ingredients you have on hand are limited.
Since today is Halloween, you're bound to have pumpkin seeds on hand. You also have fresh leeks and a thick chunk of Parmesan reggiano cheese. Using these ingredients, along with whatever staples you currently have in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make? Tell me in the comments section below!
To see what I would make,
- First I would toast the pumpkin seeds.
- I usually have puff pastry in my freezer so I would take some out and use the crust to make a simple tart crust.
- Next I would sauté the leeks until soft and mix with lightly beaten eggs, a few tablespoons of milk, a bunch of freshly grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- I would bake the tart in the oven until puffy and crisp.
- When it's done I would sprinkle the toasted pumpkin seeds over the top and serve with a glass of chilled Rosé!