You know the drill, but just in case you are new around here: You are at home and hungry for food. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/ girlfriend/ spouse/ child/ friend, but the ingredients you have on hand are limited.
You have a bunch of cooked bacon leftover from yesterday's BLT dinner. You have fresh, ripe avocados, and a carton of eggs. Using these ingredients, along with whatever staples you currently have in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make? Tell me in the comments section below!
To see what I would make, read more
- I would start by hard boiling a few eggs.
- Next I would make a blue cheese dressing with blue cheese and heavy cream — two ingredients I happen to have sitting in my fridge right now — mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.
- I would cover a plate with washed and cleaned spinach and top with the chopped bacon and chunked avocado.
- Once the eggs are cooked I would dice and add them to the salad.
- I would top the salad with a drizzle of the blue cheese dressing and serve the dish with a nice glass of sparkling Shiraz.