Here's the scenario: you are at home and hungry for food. You have to cook up something scrumptious for you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/child/friend, but the ingredients you have on hand are limited.
You have a couple of tortillas, fresh cilantro, and pepper jack cheese. Using these products, along with whatever you currently have on hand in your cupboard and refrigerator, what would you make?
To see what I would whip up,
- I would start by slicing the tortillas into triangles.
- Next I would heat frying oil in a pan until hot. I would fry the tortilla wedges in batches until crisp and then salt lightly.
- I would cover a baking sheet with foil and top with the crisp tortillas, grated cheese, and canned black beans and canned corn.
- I would bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, about ten minutes.
- I would then top the nachos with cilantro and sour cream.
- Finally, I would serve with an ice cold brewsky. Yum-O!