One dozen lavash wraps
1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
coarse salt and ground pepper
6 to 8 ounces precooked grilled chicken breast strips
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 medium heads (1 1/2 pounds total) romaine lettuce, cut into pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and buttermilk mixture. Add romaine and chicken; toss to combine.
- Place the lavash wraps, two at a time, on a plate and cover with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the lavash so it doesn't tear.
- As each lavash wrap comes out of the microwave, place about a 1/2 cup of salad mixture in the center of the wrap. Fold in the ends and roll up like a burrito.
- Slice the rolled wrap into three equal pieces. Secure each piece with a toothpick and serve on a platter.
- Sandwiches, Main Dishes
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern