- 2 soft French rolls or similar soft roll
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 8 slices of Canadian bacon
- 6 slices of canned pineapple, cut into chunks
- 6 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally and lay both sides flat on a baking sheet.
- Coat the bottom half of each roll with half of the marinara sauce. Divide the Canadian bacon evenly between the two sandwiches and lay on top of the pizza sauce. Scatter the pineapple chunks over the bacon, and top each sandwich with three slices of mozzarella.
- On the top half of each roll, spread the remaining marinara sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Keeping the rolls open-face, place the sandwiches in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and the bread's edges start to brown.
- Cut in half and serve hot.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American