- 1 3- to 4-pound boneless free-range turkey breast
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 fresh sage leaves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 cup balsamic onion marmalade (see recipe below)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 tablespoons aioli (see recipe below)
- To make turkey: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place turkey on a sheet pan. Generously season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sage. Dollop butter evenly around turkey. Roast the turkey in the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Baste the meat with its juices throughout. (Keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook even after it's removed from the oven, so be careful not to cook it too long.) Allow the meat to rest or cool completely. Remove skin before slicing. You will definitely have some leftovers.
- To make bacon: In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- To assemble sandwich: Slice the ciabatta rolls in half. Place the sliced turkey on the bottom slices and top with the marmalade. Place all the bread slices in a 475°F oven, and remove once the bread is toasted and the marmalade is heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Top the marmalade with the bacon, followed by the the avocado. Salt and pepper on top. Evenly spread mayonnaise on the top slices of bread. Close the sandwiches, cut into halves, and serve.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American
- 4 sandwiches