The woman reported a bat in her house but wasn't too concerned about it. She then turned on her automatic coffeemaker before bedtime and enjoyed her coffee the next morning. When she cleaned out her coffee machine that night, she discovered the dead bat in the coffee filter. The bat was sent to a laboratory to be tested, where researchers determined its brain was too cooked by the hot water for them to determine whether it was rabid. The woman is currently undergoing treatment for possible rabies.
I've heard some food scenarios that are even more disgusting, but this one tops the list of strange occurrences! Does this remind you of any bizarre food experiences that you've had?