Believe it or not, today is another one of those "who came up with this holiday" days! This time it's National Peanut Butter Cookie day and ooohwee, I am excited about this one! Although my personal favorite is chocolate chip, I have been known to dig in to my fair share of their peanut butter cousin. To celebrate peanut butter cookie day, run to the kitchen and whip up a batch of these sweet treats. To check it out, just read more
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Beat in both sugars. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Stir half of dry ingredients into mixture.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tablespoonful of dough into 1 3/4-inch-diameter ball.
- Arrange dough balls 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Using back of fork, flatten dough balls and form crosshatch design on tops.
- Bake cookies until dry on top and golden brown on bottom, about 14 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)