This week I was really excited about experimenting with a fancy, new nacho recipe. However, when I looked in my fridge and realized that while I didn't have any feta or goat cheese — two components to my upcoming idea, I had 10 other types of cheese! Thus I decided to make these clean-out-the-cheese-drawer nachos instead. The funny thing is when I was eating them, I wished they were cheesier! This recipe is super simple and best served with a spicy salsa. To see how I made it,
1 flour tortilla, sliced into 8-12 small triangles
salt, for sprinkling
chili powder, for sprinkling
2 heaping tablespoons pepper-jack cheese
2 heaping tablespoons mozzarella cheese
2 heaping tablespoons cotija cheese
2 heaping tablespoons smoked gouda cheese
1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped, optional for garnish
spicy salsa for serving
Also known as Clean-Out-the-Cheese-Drawer Nachos, this recipe can be modified to include any type of cheese. Just be sure to sprinkle the cheese generously!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the tortilla slices on a baking sheet lined with foil. Season with salt and chili powder. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes flip tortilla slices than bake for another 5 minutes.
- In an individual sized oven-proof dish layer the chips and the cheese being careful to cover each chip with cheese.
- Bake for another 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Turn the oven to broil and broil, watching closely for 2-3 minutes until the chips are crisp and the cheese is bubbling and brown.
- Serve immediately garnished with cilantro if desired with spicy salsa on the side.
- Finger Foods, Appetizers