It's a busy month for travelers, but ever since I was a kid, August has also been one of my favorite months to spend at home. There's just something about the days getting shorter that makes me want to lounge about and make the most of the remaining warm days. So for my must haves this month, I'm eyeing home finds that will let me enjoy a few more outdoor evenings and get excited to move back inside.
- I've just discovered — and become smitten with — this Bola Floating Water Torch ($58). These would be a perfect way to add some extra light to a late Summer BBQ.
- For a similar look indoors, I'm loving the Tom Dixon Copper Shade Pendant ($450) that just arrived at Design Within Reach.
- I've got a stack of Summer reading I still need to get through, and this Pottery Barn Chesapeake Hammock ($89 to $99) will be the perfect place to finish it.
- I wasn't kidding when I said I had a coral fixation, and the Alessio Emma Silvestris Mediterraneo Fruit Basket ($65) is particularly hard to resist.
- Finally, I won't mind the cooling weather if I can crawl into the divine new Missoni Home Collection Irvin Bed Linen Set ($48 to $435), which includes everything from pillows to duvet covers.