One of the simplest ways to renew the look of any room in your maison is to add a dash of color. LivingEtc has a handful of quick tips that they say will "bring a room bang up to date," and give "an all white scheme" attitude:
- Line curtain panels with "a hint of luxurious colored silk."
- "Wrap chair legs in colored paper."
- Offset "a group of monochrome ornaments with a colored one."
- "Paint just part of a piece of furniture, leaving the rest white," and carry the color throughout the room by using it for lampshade trim or a cushion.
- Paint a simple stripe in one corner to add depth to the room.
- Line a cabinet with "brightly patterned fabric or wallpaper," and "use complementary accessories to pull the whole look together."