This month's issue of Natural Homes highlights the 10 best eco-neighborhoods in the United States. The neighborhoods are scattered geographically, but they share features such as high-tech, energy-efficient appliances, use of solar panels, native landscaping, and other water-saving techniques, and access to stores, schools, and parks.
For the list, just read more.
- Mueller in Austin, Texas
- Greenbridge in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Stapleton in Denver, Colorado
- Prairie Crossing in Grayslake, Illinois
- Issaquah Highlands in Issaquah, Washington
- Navy Yard at Noisette in North Charleston, South Carolina
- Helensview in Portland, Oregon
- Pringle Creek Community in Salem, Oregon
- High Point in Seattle, Washington
- Markham Gardens in Staten Island, New York